Follow on Bloglovin

The Persephone Complex

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved. Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

bright-white clubbing…oh isn’t it wild?
Totes Amazeballs!! The Versatile Blogger Award!!
still alive who you love
come and take me to the real heartache
And then she did a dance I never saw before…!
WHAT THE WHAT???!!
you better shape up…
keep making me laugh, let’s go get high, the road ...
the devil that’s calling as I come undone
you were stroking me like a pet, but you didn’t ow...

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon. Copywright of Holly Cassell and The Persephone Complex 2014.

you fit me better than my favourite sweater

 The last week I’ve been keeping myself busy, looking for new obsessions. I would say I’ve been successful in my quest. I’m pretty obsessive at the best of times, so God help everyone when I actually go looking. Here are some of the things I’ve been up to…

1 – Doing the nerdiest nail art ever. I thought I’d celebrate the impending release of the PlayStation 4 in my own mental way. Don’t judge, okay? I got the idea off Pinterest, and added my own twist with the jewels and the thumb design. Me being me, I thought I’d bling it up a bit. I’ve also started a new Nails board devoted to all the designs I want to try, which I’d love you to check out if you like that kind of thing.

020
2 – Listening to this song. I found it by chance while I was watching Lana Del Rey videos, and almost wet my pants with excitement. I’ve had it on repeat ever since. As some of you will know, I’m totally infatuated with Gesaffelstein (I did a post about him which you can check out here if you don’t know who he is) and Lana Del Rey. Falling in love with a remix like this is intense for me – I’m not sure if I’m ready to get hurt again, you know? And I don’t want to sabotage it by being too clingy. Maybe I should give it some space to…you know….think about our future together? Well, we haven’t promised to be exclusive yet, so I’m going to be super mature and share my baby with you.

I’m like…so ABOVE all that jealousy crap…*silently sobbing*

3 -  Re-watching favourite DVDs in my bedroom. Although there is one missing here, and that’s Game of Thrones Season 2. I just hate those Lannister douchebags. All hail the Great Khaleesi, BLOOD OF THE DRAGON!!!!! RHWAAAARRRRRR!!!!! Too much?

026

4 – Dressing up like a cross between Penny Lane from Almost Famous, and The Queen of Hearts from Alice In Wonderland. Fun!

097

Also, I have been freaking out that, come July, I’m probably going to lose about a hundred followers. Thanks a bunch, Google. I know it’s seriously depressing and everything, but let’s all try to make it work, okay? If you like my blog then come follow me on bloglovin - I’ve already imported my whole reading list, and I’m going to use it to follow any new blogs I discover too. So don’t be shy about stalking me all over the web. I honestly don’t mind.

Labels: , , ,

30 Comments:

At 23 March 2013 12:47 , Blogger Irene said...

Great post, those nails are stunning and i LOVE Lana Del Rey (:
Your blog is awesome so that's why I started following you
XOXO Irene

icantwearwhite.blogspot.com

 
At 23 March 2013 13:23 , Blogger Katie said...

I love your jacket and that remix! I really should watch Reservoir Dogs at some point! xx

 
At 23 March 2013 16:04 , Blogger Candyliquor UK said...

oo I love your nails!!

http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
UK High Street Fashion
xoxo

 
At 23 March 2013 16:44 , Blogger jessica said...

haha i love those nails! so cool :) i use to love playstation! <3 <3

http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 23 March 2013 17:19 , Blogger dani said...

YOUR NAILS 0__o and your jacket is amazingg
i just followed you on bloglovin :3
☽☽☽☽☽☽
http://rabbitandthewomp.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 23 March 2013 17:45 , Blogger Ashley Taylor said...

You DEFINITELY remind me of Penny Lane in that last picture :) Sweeeet

xo Ashley
thetiniestfirecracker.com

 
At 23 March 2013 19:06 , Blogger Andini Ria said...

Coolest nails ever, what a fun idea! I'm sure you won't lose followers dear, what a loss to them it would be to stop following your blog! <3

http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 23 March 2013 19:42 , Blogger Natsie_x said...

I LOVE those nails!

eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 23 March 2013 20:28 , Blogger E M M A ▼ D E E R said...

Love the nail idea! SUPER cute!
♥Emma Deer

 
At 23 March 2013 20:57 , Blogger Alexandra Butler said...

Hey thanks for your comment, its so sweet tat you noticed I'd been missing from the blogging scene for a while! I love love love this remix of Lana Del Ray :D Also now following your nail board on pintrest because I am obsessed with painting my nails and have my own nail art board too....so if you get a tonne of emails notifying you your pins have been repinned its just me going a bit nail art mental

Alexandra Lauren Rose

 
At 23 March 2013 21:54 , Blogger Sandra Nyamu said...

First post I have read from you and I think I might a new obsession myself *wink wink*... not in a weird way or anything...er, love your blog, already stalking you over at Bloglovin. Thanks for commenting on one of my posts :)

 
At 23 March 2013 23:09 , Blogger Jho R said...

Haha nice obsessions and fun nail art. Google's decision was a real blog. >.<

oliveneedspopeye.blogspot.com

 
At 24 March 2013 05:32 , Blogger Arisa said...

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Love this post! xD

 
At 24 March 2013 05:44 , Blogger MySpecialAgent said...

I love your nails! And I wish I had 100 followers to lose. Not that I want you to lose followers. I just want more of my own. ;) I've been drinking.

 
At 24 March 2013 07:51 , Blogger Blythe said...

Creative nails! The look does remind me of Penny Lane, really cute glasses.

 
At 24 March 2013 09:27 , Blogger Glamour ZONE said...

love the nails. would love to follow each other? let us know. kisses from kenya.

 
At 24 March 2013 14:19 , Blogger Katja said...

Just fell in love with your blog! Follow me back if you'd like! :)

itskatja.blogspot.com

 
At 24 March 2013 14:57 , Blogger AVY said...

Some great films there, I love Pedro Almodovar.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



 
At 24 March 2013 18:47 , Blogger Carrie said...

Great post, LOVE those nails!
Carrie
xxxx
http://carriebrighton.blogspot.com

 
At 24 March 2013 19:16 , Blogger Kate said...

love your nails, so cool and quirky!
xx Kate

The Style Department

 
At 24 March 2013 20:06 , Blogger Nora Aradi said...

Awesome nails, love it so much! i really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
kisses and have a nice day,

http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

 
At 25 March 2013 05:42 , Blogger Instant Milk said...

Awesome, following you on Bloglovin too!!

Great nails, I actually just posted about nails too haha!!

http://instantmilk.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-last-post-summarized-pretty-much.html

 
At 25 March 2013 11:57 , Blogger Kimberly said...

First of all, I'm loving those sunnies so much, and I confess that I LOVE pinning nail art too =D Great minds think alike!

http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

 
At 25 March 2013 15:31 , Blogger Anca said...

I love your nails, great idea and I like some of the videos also...the outfit is very bold I think but I like the glasses and the dress
I am now following you on bloglovin and I know what you feel I was so dissapointed when I heard that it was closing...I also have a blog if you would like to check it out


http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

 
At 25 March 2013 20:10 , Blogger Adriana Lucia said...

Great photos girl! Those nails are so cool!!

http://www.leopardmartini.com/

 
At 26 March 2013 01:50 , Blogger Isa said...

I always want to put things on my nails but I always think things like gemstones will fall off! Do they stay well?

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

 
At 27 March 2013 16:28 , Blogger Vilte said...

TARANTINO = LOVE OF MY LIFE! I should start adding movies I'm into on my posts more!

 
At 27 March 2013 16:54 , Blogger Snow said...

I think I love you!! I love the nails with the playstation buttons & your cute heart glasses :)

 
At 29 March 2013 11:12 , Blogger Tracy Speight said...

Love the Geek nail art. I need to paint my nails like that love it!. I like your spring inspired images as well.

New Follower and following on twitter as well.

Handmade at Warratahstree

 
At 4 April 2013 12:31 , Blogger Courtney zyla said...

Your jacket is so amazing..!! i like it..!!

http://femensleatherjackets.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one. If you have a question I can be most easily reached @hollycassell on Twitter, or I will respond on your blog should you leave a link :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to older posts