Follow on Bloglovin

The Persephone Complex

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved. Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

you fit me better than my favourite sweater
bright-white clubbing…oh isn’t it wild?
Totes Amazeballs!! The Versatile Blogger Award!!
still alive who you love
come and take me to the real heartache
And then she did a dance I never saw before…!
WHAT THE WHAT???!!
you better shape up…
keep making me laugh, let’s go get high, the road ...
the devil that’s calling as I come undone

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon. Copywright of Holly Cassell and The Persephone Complex 2014.

touch me I’m cold, and wild as the wind blows


020010013012019034016005
This is a little collection of some spring and Easter stuff I’ve gathered. I’ve bought an absolute shit-ton of nail varnish recently, to experiment, including these three from Claire’s and Rimmel, and although I really like the colours, the formula is pretty crap in all of them (it took me three coats to get a solid colour) which I suppose is to be expected considering they only cost 2 or 3 pounds each. I’ve found that white is a total necessity for almost all the nail art I like, so I really need to invest in a good one – if anyone knows a great white nail varnish that gives a really solid colour, pleases leave a comment, it would be most appreciated! 

I hope to start re-reading Lolita soon, as I do every year when the weather begins to get warm. I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately (probably because I spend so much time over at Bianca's blog, haha); I miss little Lo through the winter. I like to read it on the days when I’m sunbathing out in my garden; it reminds me of the very first time, when I was 12, spending my days having water-fights and dancing to Destiny’s Child, and my nights reading literature that I was only just beginning to be able to understand.

Also, in other news, yours truly is now on Twitter! So everyone reading this, come and follow me, and I’ll follow you right back. My very Twitter-adept friends tell me it’s best to stick to one or two subjects, so I’m just going to tweet about style and my personal life.  You can tweet me @hollycassell. I wanted to be @pcomplex, but it was already taken. Dagnamit! Anyway, come follow me and all that jazz.

I hope you’re all having a beautiful day, full of creativity and the kind of texts that make your heart skip a beat.

sunglasses – Primark // tin – Emma Bridgewater // dove bag – Waitrose // nail polish – Rimmel and Claire’s // everything else vintage or unknown. That edition of Lolita is from Penguin.    

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At 26 March 2013 at 10:57 , Blogger Paula Pastrana said...

lovely flowers!
love the color of your nail varnish ^^
<3

 
At 26 March 2013 at 11:33 , Blogger Chi Tomi said...

A very cute post! I love those nail lacquers <3 <3

XO, Michi
www.hautemenot.blogspot.com

 
At 26 March 2013 at 13:16 , Blogger Elif said...

I need to read Lolita too, but I'm trying to finish reading some of the books from our bookshelf at home and its taking forever because there is a ton x.x

 
At 26 March 2013 at 14:33 , OpenID shareasecret said...

Cool Blog!!

www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

xoxo

 
At 26 March 2013 at 15:14 , Blogger Andini Ria said...

Those nail polish shades are perfect for spring and easter, love them so much <3

http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 26 March 2013 at 15:19 , Blogger MySpecialAgent said...

Lolita is in my list of favorite books of all time. People think I'm weird for liking it so much but they've clearly never read it and don't understand. Those roses are gorgeous!

 
At 26 March 2013 at 15:36 , Blogger LuLu said...

I don't typically re-read books.. or re-watch movies for that matter. Perhaps one day something will strike such a chord. Until then.

xx
Lulu
Breakfast After 10

 
At 26 March 2013 at 15:45 , Blogger Ms Meatballhead said...

Very pretty :) I can't wait for spring!! The snow is finally starting to melt where I live :D xo

 
At 26 March 2013 at 16:04 , Blogger Katie said...

Perfect spring post! xx

 
At 26 March 2013 at 16:46 , Blogger Rosie Costello said...

Great post, love all the spring colours! I just want the winter to go away right now!xx http://lifebeingrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 26 March 2013 at 17:42 , Blogger nonnapuffo said...

Amazing post.
Beautiful pictures
xoxo
www.welovefur.com

 
At 26 March 2013 at 18:53 , Blogger Ashley Taylor said...

I've been wanting to try baby yellow polish but I'm scared it'll just look like dirty fingernails! Ah!

xo Ashley
thetiniestfirecracker.com

 
At 26 March 2013 at 18:54 , Blogger **Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Ditsy Sprinkles Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ** said...

I really love your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award!!
Details can be found HERE on my blog.

Bianca from Ditsy Sprinkles
xxx

 
At 26 March 2013 at 20:09 , Blogger jenni said...

Beautiful and quirky, very inspiring! Want to create my own Eastern collection now! :)

 
At 26 March 2013 at 21:34 , Blogger rebeccaruby / UK Lifestyle Blog/ said...

I love all of your spring bits! So quirky and cute! I need to get buying some stuff like this to cheer myself up, I still feel very much in winter right now :(

B x

I'd love it if you took a look at my blog here!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

 
At 26 March 2013 at 22:16 , Blogger SABINNA and DAVID said...

lovely :)

xx, Sabinna and David
Broken Cookies

 
At 26 March 2013 at 23:45 , Blogger Alexandra Butler said...

I've never read Lolita but its one of those books I've always wanted to read, I've seen the film a tonne of times though! I changed my name a couple of times on twitter before I was happy with it, so don't worry that you couldn't get the name you wanted because I'm sure you'll find one that suits eventually

Alexandra Lauren Rose

 
At 27 March 2013 at 03:20 , Blogger Anna J said...

While it's spring over there, it's summer over here. :P I love this post, though! I feel the spring vibes from it ♥
I've read Lolita!! I love it. :)
Those nail polish colors are so nice. I think I like the yellow one best, though I don't know if I could pull it off well since I've never tried that shade yet! I probably will soon, though :D

 
At 27 March 2013 at 10:07 , Blogger ELISA said...

Do you want to win a 50$ Choies coupon plus a secret gift? Just join my new giveaway!
http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/2013/03/choies-spring-giveaway.html

 
At 27 March 2013 at 10:42 , Blogger Melissa Sydie said...

Ah yeah - Vladimir Nabokov! Yes please! Lolita is a fantastic read. I wish, now more than ever, that I had more time to read for pleasure :)

http://loislennon.blogspot.com/

 
At 28 March 2013 at 16:43 , Blogger Snow said...

I've never read Lolita, gonna have to check it out :)
Ohh destiny's child, the memories.

 
At 29 March 2013 at 02:20 , Blogger Jenna Opsahl said...

Ohhhh YES Lo Lee Ta!

 
At 15 April 2013 at 07:22 , Blogger city said...

thanks for share..

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one. If you have a question I can be most easily reached @hollycassell on Twitter, or I will respond on your blog should you leave a link :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Go to older posts