Follow on Bloglovin

The Persephone Complex

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved. Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

It took a long time to make it, but i never change...
The Liebster Award….Again!
this is what you want, this is what you get
they drop to the forest floor, frozen
fire in the water, is the body of our love
I was born to endure this kind of weather
big fire, big burn
The Liebster Award
then the snow started falling, we were stuck out i...
something wicked this way comes

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon. Copywright of Holly Cassell and The Persephone Complex 2014.

you were stroking me like a pet, but you didn’t own me yet


Home Interiors BloggerHome Interiors Blogger Bunny EarsHome Interiors Shrine BlogOwl Hotwater Bottle Blog PostInteriors Lights DecorationRussian DollsRussian Dolls085Knitted Slippers Blog Post
I’ve been trying to switch some things around in my room to make it more spring-like, and lighter. When I took these photos the sun was really shining, and even though it’s still cold I do feel like winter, as a season, is over, and it’s time to get the bunny ears out. Sometimes I just wear them around the house. They do put me in a good mood, but I should warn anyone thinking of getting some that trying to bitchface is really difficult when you’re wearing velveteen rabbit ears. No one takes you seriously. In fact I’d go so far as to say that most people will think it’s silly, so if you have one of those phobias about people pointing and staring and laughing, I wouldn’t recommend it. For the people who have a secret masochistic fantasy about people pointing and staring and laughing…do it. It works.
The locket in the first picture is something that I’m really excited about. My Mum has had it for years and has finally given it to me! I love it so much, and I can’t wait to start wearing it out (I’m still a bit scared of losing it, so I just keep taking pictures of it instead) and finding something tiny to keep inside it! My Mum used to keep things like my baby teeth or hair in it, so it might stay empty for a while yet *gulp*
Oh, and the camera on my bedside table is an old EOS 5000. That takes actual film. FILM. From a time before digital, in a land of shadows and tears, where the little boys and girls cried themselves to sleep because they couldn’t delete their shit photos and try again. 
bunny ears, Waitrose // sausage dog toy, Teacups and Roses // knitted slippers, Toast // smiley bracelet, Claire’s // blue tights, New Look // knitted heart decoration, Sia //everything else is either vintage, or was a gift.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 20 February 2013 15:30 , Blogger Leblogde Joy said...

Yeaah great post :) so cuuuute. like ur pictures ;)
follow me ;p
kiss from leblogde-joy.blogspot.fr

Thx for this comment on my blog SMOUACK ON YOUR CUTE FACE ;p

 
At 20 February 2013 16:34 , Blogger Amanda Chic said...

Whata lovely post!!

A chic kiss ;)

 
At 20 February 2013 16:39 , Blogger MySpecialAgent said...

My mom has a locket full of my baby teeth, too. It has a little girl painted on it. I wonder if I can convince her to give it to me.

 
At 20 February 2013 16:51 , Blogger The Sequined World said...

Hello! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :) Of course you can use my song, I'm so glad you liked it. Also lucky you! I really want a camera that takes proper film x

 
At 20 February 2013 17:46 , Blogger JellyBones said...

oooooh those slippers are super rad! I'm a bit addicted to slippers. :)
Trish

www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

 
At 20 February 2013 17:51 , Blogger Melanié said...

Follow you back :)

 
At 20 February 2013 23:29 , Blogger Monica said...

Lovely pics :) The slippers look so comfy!


http://thetotalopposite.blogspot.com/

 
At 21 February 2013 00:11 , Blogger Andini Ria said...

I love your photos so much, you always seem to capture such a beautiful atmosphere <3

http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

 
At 21 February 2013 08:14 , Blogger Bisma Rauf said...

Nice Blog :)
Check out my blog at: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/

 
At 21 February 2013 13:09 , Blogger Skin and Roses said...

Those pics are so cute:)

www.skinandroses.blogspot.com

 
At 21 February 2013 13:35 , Blogger Sabrina said...

I always love your photos so much, so inspiring! That owl pouch is cute :).

Sabrina
http://littleowlblog.com

 
At 21 February 2013 17:10 , Blogger Izu said...

Wow...great photos ;)

artystycznieee.blogspot.com

 
At 21 February 2013 18:01 , Blogger Corinne said...

That necklace is beautiful, you are lucky that your mother gave it to you! I am also very jealous of your camerarara!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

 
At 21 February 2013 20:51 , Blogger Snow said...

cozy slippers, lovely atmospheric photos ^^

 
At 22 February 2013 02:31 , Blogger Lizzi Apple said...

You are very cute and personable :D
Thanks for stopping by at my blog
Yours is very nice as well :)

 
At 22 February 2013 05:28 , Blogger Jessica said...

haha that is awesome that you wear bunny ears sometimes!

Jessica
www.jumpintopuddles.com

 
At 22 February 2013 11:06 , Blogger charmeuse said...

nice pictures ;)

http://charmeusee.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one. If you have a question I can be most easily reached @hollycassell on Twitter, or I will respond on your blog should you leave a link :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Go to older posts