Follow on Bloglovin

The Persephone Complex

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved. Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

I was born to endure this kind of weather
big fire, big burn
The Liebster Award
then the snow started falling, we were stuck out i...
something wicked this way comes
Do you really want to live forever?
I shivered the whole night through
if it’s in your nature, you never win
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
The sky is still blue…yet something is different

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon.

fire in the water, is the body of our love


Holly Cassell Shrine Blog031Shrine Holly Cassell
What do y’all think of my creepy shrine?

This is genuinely just a natural-magic-thing, and not a let’s-make-a-teenage-blood-pact-for-serious thing. And I’m definitely NOT  a cult member, so you can keep reading, safe in the knowledge that I’m not going to burst into a crazy rant about how Odin is going to shower vengeance down on us all and that you need to send me a cheque in the mail right away if you want to be saved when the rapture comes. Instead I’ll just talk about how much I LOVE Russian dolls, Tarot cards and candles. So here goes- I love them. I think they’re good.  

Holly CassellHome BloggerHome Blogger052
Yes, I still use a Walkman sometimes. It’s fun. And my IPod always seems to be on the fritz, so I like to have a backup. I don’t carry it around; but sometimes it’s handy late at night if I want to listen to music and more sophisticated technology has failed me. It also satisfies my hipster snobbery, and gives me a sense of superiority over those morons who queue up for the latest IPhone and then make a big thing of talking really LOUDLY  on it while walking around FootLocker, getting in everyone’s way and not hearing you when you say ‘excuse me’ because they’re too busy laughing their arse off with some guy called Dave The Rave, who I’m sure is somewhere in another FootLocker doing exactly the same thing, pissing off different people. Probably people who’ll also blog about it later. Wow. Shit just got surreal.

Anyway, none of the stuff in these pictures is new, so I won’t bother putting credits, but I would like to mention that the puppet is a childhood toy that I’ve had since I can remember, and people always say it looks like me. That’s probably a bit creepy from one point of view, but I quite like that. What do you think?

Hope you’re all having a beautiful week.

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

At 12 February 2013 15:23 , Blogger MySpecialAgent said...

I love Tarot cards too. I'm trying to learn to read them without a book.

 
At 12 February 2013 15:50 , Blogger Katie said...

I really want to make a shrine... But I try to keep clutter (even if it's still-life worthy) to a minimum, because I have the potential to be a huge hoarder! Have you seen the shrines on Rookie?
Love your blog so much! I had a look at your paintings board on Pinterest, and I loove it!
Katie xx
http://thegravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 12 February 2013 17:15 , Blogger Jenna Opsahl said...

AHH! I love the tarot cards and your crown and journal and...everything...so much magic-y goodness.

 
At 12 February 2013 21:13 , Blogger Dominika Mrázová said...

nice pics

www.perlaoreneta.blogspot.com

 
At 12 February 2013 22:04 , Blogger Snow said...

I love your crown so much!
I am the same way, I have a Gothic side which I love to express. I also have a pack of tarot cards, and like to do readings.
Great post!! :)

 
At 12 February 2013 22:38 , Blogger Jackie said...

I like the puppet. I still have my doll from childhood that was little red riding hood on one side and then you flipped her dress over and she turns into the big bad wolf. I was actually afraid of it when I was younger, but now I'll keep it forever.

 
At 13 February 2013 05:33 , Blogger n a t su k i said...

Lovely blog you have here - you got yourself a follower :)

Sweet Heavenly Moments

 
At 13 February 2013 07:19 , Blogger Andini Ria said...

I love your shrine! Looks magical <3

 
At 13 February 2013 15:51 , Blogger bonnie_blog said...

Awesome post & cool blog, dear!

I am your follower now (with gfc and bloglovin`).
And I will be SOO happy, if you follow me:-)

xxx
Tatiana

http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/


My FACEBOOK

My LOOKBOOK

My TWITTER

 
At 13 February 2013 17:11 , Blogger Alexandra Butler said...

Hey thanks so much for your comment :)
I absolutely love your blog! Newest follower right here! I'm very much like you with collecting magic-y type things, i love the history behind them and they are always so ornate and interesting - I'm really not one for the minimalist look! I have an unhealthy obsession with candles (so unhealthy hat I did actually set my bedroom door on fire....oops.)

www.alexandralaurenrose.blogspot.com

 
At 13 February 2013 21:24 , Blogger Rachael Dobbins said...

great images!! x

visit rachaels blog

You still have time to enter my giant vintage sunglasses giveaway :) dont forget to follow my blog or your entry wont be counted
enter here

 
At 13 February 2013 22:32 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Before reading it was your childhood puppet, I saw the photo and thought, "I bet she's had that for ages." I love that!

xo,
Stephanie

 
At 14 February 2013 00:11 , Blogger Isa said...

I'm not going to lie, this is a little voodoo-y, but also super-cool. I like that you actually decorate with things that you love! It looks really cool!

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com.br/

 
At 14 February 2013 01:35 , Blogger Mackenzie said...

So cool! I love shrines, actually. And the spooky owl and tarot cards really add to it.

Mackenzie
www.heybirdfriend.com

 
At 14 February 2013 02:26 , Blogger Namrata K said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Would you want to follow each other? Follow me and il follow you right back! (I always do) :)

N
http://seasoncheck.blogspot.in

 
At 14 February 2013 08:00 , Blogger SignatureChic said...

hi i just found your blog and i love it1 i was wondering would you like to follow each other

 
At 14 February 2013 09:29 , Blogger Haley Rankins said...

i love your russian dolls and your keys! it is kind of creepy--but i like it!

 
At 14 February 2013 14:18 , Blogger Elekon said...

I love Russian dolls too:)

 
At 14 February 2013 15:23 , Blogger Estefanía Ainoza said...

Really nice!!! I love it!!!

 
At 16 February 2013 13:33 , Blogger Vilte said...

I feel the need to light a candle now!

 
At 18 February 2013 18:49 , Blogger Leblogde Joy said...

Great post ! Soo cute ^^
kiss from leblogde-joy.blogspot.fr
follow me ;p thx.

 
At 19 February 2013 17:58 , Blogger Poppy Blue said...

I love your first picture. That's a little bit mystic but I love :)
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one. If you have a question I can be most easily reached @hollycassell on Twitter, or I will respond on your blog should you leave a link :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to older posts