4.2.13

big fire, big burn


031016026040
Today I thought I would dress up like Little Red Riding Hood.  Just because I can. I found this amazing red skirt that’s covered in little yellow and blue speckles (I’m going to call it my Jackson Pollock skirt *nerd*) and I can’t stop wearing it! I love this shape so much. I can’t believe that I never even wore skirts until about three months ago; what was I thinking? For some reason I always thought they didn’t suit me. Anyway, for this incarnation I imagined I was out in the meadows, picking flowers, blissfully unaware that I’m being hunted by a blood-thirsty wolf from deep within my own psyche. Also, as you can see, I’m now a brunette! This is due to one seriously terrible hairdresser, and not my choice at all; I gave her a picture of Amanda Seyfried and she turned me into the bad Olivia from Fringe. I’ll probably change it back soon; I don’t recognise myself.

I also want to talk to you all about The Totally Awesome Blog Hop. I heard about it on The Little Owl, an amazing blog written by Sabrina Brucker, a New Yorker that I’ve been following ever since she gave me one of my first comments back in December. The Totally Awesome Blog Hop is the brain-child of her and three other bloggers who are acting as hostesses for a giant link-fest of like-minded bloggers across the world. I’ve only been a member for a couple of days and have already found a whole bunch of cool new blogs to follow and comment on! It only takes five minutes to sign up and it really does help boost traffic, so I thought I’d spread the word! You can join in by clicking the button in my sidebar, or by going to The Little Owl.

One last word about the bag I’m wearing; it was handmade for me by a very talented craftsman in The New Forest, England called Tibor who designs the coolest, most magical satchels around. You can even design the thing yourself, choosing everything from the leather to the clasp to the stitching, and he’ll make it up for you from scratch. Check out his website here!

Hope you all had an awesome weekend! <3

    top and leggings-random shop/skirt-Topshop/shoes-Pretty Ballerinas/leather bag-Tibor

30 comments:

  1. I LOVE the satchel, can't believe it's handmade! xox

    http://rednailsbluerings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that bag, the clasp is so cool! It looks steam-punkish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you look really cute!! I love the crop top! (I wish I could wear those)
    xo
    Ylenia/Ambitieuse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bag totaly in love!
    Such a nice photos! Hope you have great time!
    You are very welcome to visit my blog.
    www.therainstreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin, facebook and even lookbook if you want...just let me know :3 <3



    JOIN my GIVEAWAY :)

    NEW POST UP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The satchel is really cool and looks very vintage and unique - works with the outfit perfectly!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely love this outfit! reminds me that i need to buy some little crop tops for spring :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lovely, thank-you so much for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I have written my post about it now :)

    http://tashalaurencleary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-liebster-award_5.html

    Gorgeous outfit too. That satchel bag is stunning, love that it's unique to you and handmade!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I love your photography and blog ! I am following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Also on bloglovin, facebook, instagram, vine, and even lookbook if you want :3 <3

    NEW POST UP, IT'S A MUST SEE :)

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute outfit. I like the skirt. :)
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll be happy to follow you back. :)
    http://jonnessa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice bag!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute love ur bag <3 Great blog Dear would you like to follow each other just let me know I wait for you on my blog :)xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute outfit!
    Loving your bag as well ^^
    I am now following you :)
    Hope you can visit my blog, and if you like, follow back :D
    << From Brussels, with Love>>

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that bag and the shoes. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jolie jupe!

    N'hésite pas à faire un tours sur mon blog: http://n-julie.blogspot.fr/
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cropped top! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I get to know your blog and I loved it. I became his follower to follow all the news! If you have a little time to spend with me visit my blog and follow me if you like :)

    www.todacharmosa.com

    I also created a new channel on You Tube, I'll be very happy if you subscribe to accompany me:

    http://www.youtube.com/pathymakeup

    kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post <3
    X, Ancia
    overdivity-fashion.blogspot.com
    If you like my blog and follow it via GFC, FB or Bloglovin' leave a comment on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bag is so amazing! <3
    Love this outfit, red really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this outfit!
    Just discovered your blog, how great!
    Wanna follow each other? :)
    x Hannah
    http://theadventurouslifestylelab.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  22. love it!!!
    enjoy your weekend! have a great saturday night <3
    LVE xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your shoes! The color is adorable ♥ I absolutely love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so detailed and clear, I can really understand about your post. I followed you on GFC and BlogLovin'! Maybe you can come by mine too and maybe follow each other? :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

    XOXO
    Your new follower,
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha I really like the way you write :)
    Love the skirt! Where's it from?

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The skirt is from Topshop, it's still available I think :)

      Delete
  25. I love your skirt<3 Your whole outfit is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute outfit, I love your satchel and shoes.

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every one. You can also tweet me @hollycassell, or email me at contactpersephone@gmail.com.