Follow on Bloglovin

The Persephone Complex

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved. Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

Do you really want to live forever?
I shivered the whole night through
if it’s in your nature, you never win
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
The sky is still blue…yet something is different
and every forest sings a song
I think we’ll be alright
Maybe this Christmas will mean something more…
all is calm, all is bright
Let nothing you dismay

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon. Copywright of Holly Cassell and The Persephone Complex 2014.

something wicked this way comes


054064065046061052053066056
I thought I’d give you another peek inside my scrapbook (click here if you didn’t see the first one) and try and well…give some kind of explanation for the, er, craziness. You see I’ve always been interested in things like fairytales and folk-lore, as well as Greek and Roman mythology and children’s literature (a lot of books that are dubbed ‘children’s literature’ are based on ancient archetypes and deal with intense adult themes despite having young protagonists, but hey, I'll let that go) and nowhere is that more evident than in my scrapbooks. I put in pictures that basically don't make any sense to anyone, because they just look like things I see in my dreams or my nightmares. This makes it quite awkward to show them to anyone in ‘real life’, but somehow I’m not bothered by doing it over the internet (we're all allowed to be freaks here. Isn't it great?)

By the way, thanks to everyone for your kind birthday wishes, it was super lovely of you all and really put a smile on my face! xoxo

Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

At 27 January 2013 22:00 , Blogger Katie said...

Wow, this looks beautiful. I used to really enjoy scrapbooking when I was younger, I should start again!
Katie xx
http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 27 January 2013 22:07 , Blogger Abby Gouldie said...

Really cool scrapbook! Its so pretty and artistic. Amazing talent :)

Abby x
Be You and Be Beautiful

 
At 28 January 2013 02:43 , Blogger Sixth Tractate said...

Hello! I came across your wonderful blog and I'm your newest follower! :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Let me know!

sixthtractate.blogspot.com

 
At 28 January 2013 08:40 , Blogger Jenna Opsahl said...

Ah beautiful inspiration!

 
At 28 January 2013 10:59 , Blogger Sabrina T. said...

nice:)

Patchwork à Porter

 
At 28 January 2013 12:59 , Blogger La Saloperie said...

These collages are really incredible, and I love the paper they're on as well! You definitely have a scrapbook style developing... keep working on it! This is art!

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

 
At 28 January 2013 18:29 , Blogger Holly-Bella Cassell said...

Thank you so much for saying that! I'm really touched <3

 
At 28 January 2013 19:23 , Blogger Constance said...

Love it love it! Scrapbooks are teh perfect place to find some inspiration!

http://bamostwanted.blogspot.com.ar/

 
At 28 January 2013 19:42 , Blogger Kimberly said...

You have such a lovely blog! I really enjoyed looking at all your photos =D I'm your newest follower via google (11) and bloglovin! I'd really love it if you could check out my blog and follow back?

xoxo
can't wait to see more!
http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com
Twitter: Sensiblestylist

 
At 28 January 2013 19:46 , Blogger cowbiscuits. said...

I love the scrapbook, its geat to have an outlet for all the creative and weird things you enjoy. Hope you are enjoying Cardiff itsso nice and fun here, tomorrow I'm hitting up all the charity shops near my house :D xx

 
At 28 January 2013 20:04 , Blogger Natalia said...

I love looking through scrapbooks! :) x

 
At 28 January 2013 20:54 , Blogger Rocio Otero said...

que chulo todo! me encanta tu blog!

http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

 
At 28 January 2013 22:11 , Blogger Tasha Lauren said...

I love scrapbooking! My boyfriend and I made one from our travels, with all our tickets, photos, flyers etc that we'd collected. These pages look great, I think it's kind of nice that they wont make sense to anyone else, makes them more personal to you!

Tasha,
http://tashalaurencleary.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 28 January 2013 23:37 , Blogger Plami said...

You're very talented! Every page of your scrapbook is like a peak in your imagination! I am very interested in fairy-tales as well and Alice is one of my favorites!

Great blog! Following you and cannot wait to see more :)

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

 
At 29 January 2013 04:06 , Blogger Ariel said...

i love your scrapbook! it is so inspiring! such a cool idea :) thanks for visiting my blog, come visit again soon!

-ariel* xoxo
www.chiclookxo.com

 
At 29 January 2013 06:48 , Blogger Andini Ria said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I'm in love with it!
Such beautiful photography <3
I'm your newest follower!

http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

 
At 29 January 2013 11:54 , Blogger Le Tre Line said...

Hello! We are the "three line" and we are your new followers.

Congratulations for the blog is really cute!

Also we have one, if you want come and visit us!

http://onlineonlove.blogspot.it/

kiss

 
At 29 January 2013 14:17 , Blogger Estefanía Ainoza said...

So great!!! I love it!!!!

 
At 29 January 2013 16:42 , Blogger .brigittamonique. said...

hey dear thx for the comment :)
you have a lovely blog <3 amazing pictures!! :D

brigittamonique.blogspot.com

 
At 29 January 2013 17:44 , Blogger Amanda Chic said...

love it!! awesome :D


http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/

A chic kiss ;)

 
At 31 January 2013 12:30 , Blogger Laura said...

I love your scrapbook,
it's very inspiring. :)

dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

 
At 23 February 2013 13:01 , Blogger Vilte said...

I need to start one of these! Love how you have presented it.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one. If you have a question I can be most easily reached @hollycassell on Twitter, or I will respond on your blog should you leave a link :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to older posts