Follow on Bloglovin

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. If I do happen to use something that belongs to you please get in touch and I'll gladly either credit you or take it down. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved.

Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

I shivered the whole night through
if it’s in your nature, you never win
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
The sky is still blue…yet something is different
and every forest sings a song
I think we’ll be alright
Maybe this Christmas will mean something more…
all is calm, all is bright
Let nothing you dismay
There’ll be twisted karaoke at the Aniseed Lounge

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon.

Do you really want to live forever?


I’ll be 22 on Sunday. Happy Birthday to me! I always look forward to my birthday; I’m not one of those people that gets all existential and has a total whack-attack looking at old photo albums and reading old love letters, because ISN’T LIFE JUST SO SHORT? and what have you. For me, that’s a Monday afternoon, so I like to spend my birthday eating cake and getting free stuff. I love being in my twenties, but I did have a bit of a panic attack when I had to say goodbye to my teens; along with the rest of the Western world I think I mythologised parts of being a teenager, and so was sort of reluctant to move on. But as I go further into adulthood, sometimes I look around my life and notice how stubborn adolescence really can be. Here are some of the things I can’t let go of, despite being a woman, and not a girl anymore.

my obsession with ballet…

DSCF1832

my obsession with Sofia Coppola movies…(when I was 13, I was Cecilia, when I was 14, I was Lux…)

virgin-suicides

my diary-writing habit…

014

my sweet-tooth…

024

my tendency to leave everything in a mess…

027

my frisson for geeky children’s-character backpacks…

February 2012 429

…and my inability to go dancing without having my face painted. Every. Single. Time.

New Year's Eve Whirly 040
(thanks to Marc for stealthily taking this picture while I had my eyes closed! xoxo)

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 24 January 2013 13:45 , Blogger La Saloperie said...

So exciting! I just turned 22 last week, and it was the first time I felt really almost unhappy about a birthday - I guess it's my first one out in the real world, it's the first one of the rest of my life, it's the first one that isn't special (if you're not in the US, maybe 21 wasn't special for you either). But I'm looking forward to my 20s being awesome! I hope yours are as well! And happy birthday!

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

 
At 24 January 2013 15:21 , Blogger MySpecialAgent said...

Happy birthday! I don't remember much about turning 22... it seems like such a long time ago.

 
At 24 January 2013 16:00 , Blogger Fashion said...

Nice pictures especially the last one!! Love it!!

 
At 26 January 2013 18:26 , Blogger Charlotte Levy said...

Have a great birthday!

I wish I could keep up writing a diary. I start one every year without fail and it lasts anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months then slowly dies away....

 
At 26 January 2013 22:23 , Blogger inalliie said...

TNX :D you have an great blog ! Have a nice day :)

 
At 27 January 2013 13:21 , Blogger Neuski said...

Hope you had a wicked birthday:-) I've got serious bag envy - if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Hello Kitty backpack?
Laters,
Neens

indierockkid.com

 
At 27 January 2013 19:03 , Blogger Katie said...

Happy birthday! Followed!
Katie xx
http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 27 January 2013 19:09 , Blogger alex said...

Happy birthday! Wow all those diaries! I have changed to writing on evernote and keeping notebooks just for drawing and journaling not-private-stuff haha.

 
At 27 January 2013 19:43 , Blogger Natsie_x said...

Haha I always have things in a mess too! And woaaahhh at all those diaries, I never really was a diary writer, must be interesting looking back over those!

eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 27 January 2013 20:49 , Blogger lucia m said...

love it!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

 
At 28 January 2013 20:18 , Blogger shakeshakee said...

I love ballet shoes! I actually went to get a sole placed on a pair of mine because i loved them too much!

Melissa
http://shakeshakee.blogspot.com

 
At 3 February 2013 07:43 , Blogger Haley Rankins said...

I can soo relate(and i'll never stop loving Sophia Coppola movies)...sometimes i feel like a "fraud" when i refer to myself as an adult. i'm your newest follower, btw!

Haley
http://haleyhere.blogspot.com

 
At 4 February 2013 13:35 , Blogger Anna said...

Hello! Thanks for commenting on my blog - Your blog is so pretty! I wish I had the confidence to do outfit posts. Actually, considering I usually just chuck on sweat pants or (even worse) stay in my PJs all day, it would get very boring very quickly!
Anna xoxo
thedustyatticblog.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 23 February 2013 13:03 , Blogger Vilte said...

the no. of journals :O The last picture is adorable haha

 
At 18 April 2013 15:18 , Blogger Rosie Costello said...

Ah happy birthday! I'm obsessed with ballet too and I don't think that's EVER going to change! Hope you enjoyed your birthday!xxx http://lifebeingrosie.blogspot.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every one. You can also tweet me @hollycassell, or email me at contactpersephone@gmail.com.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to older posts